MC Stevie Hyper D (R.I.P)

The Origin of the modern day MC.

Stevie's style was fast paced and fresh and when he started chatting people hadn't really heard anything of this calibre before. He combined dance hall style and double time lyrics to literally leave crowds in awe. This guy was simply on another level.

From Fulham in south west London, he came up through the acid techno scene in the late 80's and early 90's first making an impact with the release of techno ragga alongside appolo 440. Soon he was getting bookings for raves like Telepathy, Labyrinth, Elevation and Utopia and was resident MC at Roast.

He soon became the main event MC'ing alongside the likes of Micky Finn, Nicky Blackmarket and Andy C and was the first name punters looked for at any DnB event. Stevie knew how to control the dance, work with the DJ and blend with the music. He could run a rave the whole night straight. By 1996 he was the biggest MC in the game getting booked all over the UK, Europe and Canada and smashing up Kool FM and other regional pirates.

Tragedy struck on July 4th 1998, Stevie Hyper D died of a heart attack the morning after performing at a rave in Maidstone, Kent, coincidently on the same night as friend and fellow MC Ruff. Many rumours surfaced around the time of Stevie's death, but it is widely accepted that he died as a result of a pre existing heart condition. The scene had lost two of its biggest soldiers and they have been sorely missed ever since. Even now his tribute raves are sell out roadblock events and his name still rings out from mc's across the world paying their respect.

Facebook: Stevie-Hyper-D
Facebook: Generation Hyper
Myspace: steviehyperd
Discog: Stevie+Hyper+D.

stevie hyper d Jungle Legend

Hyper D with DJ Andy C
Hyper with MCMC
With MC MC





7 comments:

  1. R.I.P from all at Audio Animals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest in Peace Blood. A True Drum & Base Legend. Trust Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold on, wait a minute,

    When i'm on the microphone, get with it,

    In it to win it,

    Never forget it,

    I'm gonna take you outta limits,

    Styles come to my brain automatic,

    I set it come on set it,

    Kick it smash it through the ceilin',

    What me come fe do is kill it,

    I chant to any music any riddem I can ride it,

    With a gimmick, with the lyric,

    Now people can you feel it,

    And if you got the feelin' start revealin' reach the ceilin',

    And with the style, I'm feelin' the vibe, I'm tellin' you, get my meanin'?

    I'm gonna keep on grinnin' keep on jumpin' keep on smilin',

    And with the DJ mixin' MC chantin' bassline pumpin',

    I don't wanna see no yawnin' or no moanin' or no muggin',

    I don't wanna see no fightin' or no killin' or no shootin',

    And when you rave together, sleep together, stamp forever,

    I rave through any weather winter, autumn, spring, or summer,

    I don't wanna see no people goin' on like dumb and dumber,

    And so with the MC's time to come in with the manufacture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks stevie if you can be bothered to read this up there in heaven. Well done you were the best
    All the best mc god.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rave through any wheather winter autumn spring or summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best there ever was....and the best there ever will be. RIP Stevie x

    ReplyDelete